USC School of Pharmacy Breakfast Reception at Western Pharmacy Exchange in San Diego
Saturday, April 14 at 8:00am
San Diego Convention Center, 10
111 W. Harbor Drive San Diego, CA 92101
Going to Western Pharmacy Exchange in San Diego?
Mark your calendars for the USC School of Pharmacy Breakfast Reception and connect with your fellow Trojan alumni, faculty and students!
Special Host: Mel Baron, PharmD, MPA
What to Look Out for at Western Pharmacy Exchange
Assistant Professor, Melissa J. Durham, PharmD, MACM, BCACP, DAIPM, is the opening keynote speaker at Western Pharmacy Exchange! Watch Durham's address “Stuck in the Middle: Pharmacists and the Opioid Crisis” on Friday, April 13th at 11 am followed by the WPE Awards Ceremony where she will be honored as the 2018 Cardinal Health Generation Rx Champion winner.
Faculty honorees at the WPE Awards Ceremony on Friday, April 13:
- Assistant Professor, Richard H. Dang, PharmD, APh, BCACP, will be recognized as 2018 CPhA Distinguished New Practitioner.
- Assistant Professor, Bradley R. Williams, PharmD, will be recognized as 2018 CPhA Hall of Fame inductee.
Presentations by USC School of Pharmacy faculty and students:
Thursday, April 12
- Up in Smoke: Navigating the Changing Landscape of Smoking Cessation presented by Rory Kim, PharmD; Richard Dang, PharmD, APh, BCACP; Edith Mirzaian, PharmD, BCACP | Time: 3:30 pm - 4:45 pm
Friday, April 13
- Break the Ice: Tips to Ensure Successful Comprehensive Medication Reviews presented by Edith Mirzaian, PharmD, BCACP; Oscar Gallegos; Roya Mohajer-Jasbi; Richard Dang, PharmD, APh, BCACP | Time: 8:00 am - 9:15 am
- Cognitive Decline and Alzheimer’s Disease: The Influence of Nutrition presented by Cynthia Lieu, PharmD, BCNSP; Melody Armiteh; Kelly Tran | Time: 8:00 am - 9:15 am
- Get a Statin or Not: Treatment Strategies in Dyslipidemia Management presented by Michelle Chu, PharmD, BCACP; Sahar Dagher, PharmD; Rory Kim, PharmD | Time: 9:30 am - 10:45 am
- Stuck in the Middle: Pharmacists and the Opioid Crisis presented by Melissa Durham, PharmD, MACM, BCACP, DAIPM | Time: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Let’s Do This! Implement a Successful Pharmacy-Based Travel Clinic presented by Richard Dang, PharmD, APh, BCACP; Karin Kharloubian, PharmD; Edith Mirzaian, PharmD, BCACP | Time: 2:30 pm - 3:45 pm
- Embrace the Community: Career Paths of Residency Program Graduates presented by Edith Mirzaian, PharmD, BCACP; Anthony Vo, PharmD; Jeanice Rodriguez, PharmD; Emily Phung; Jia-Yin Shum, PharmD; Richard Dang, PharmD, APh, BCACP | Time: 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm
Saturday, April 14
- Integration of Specialty Pharmacy Into an Academic Medical Center presented by Elina Baskina, PharmD; Roslynn Stone, PharmD, PhD; Janet Cho, PharmD, CDE, BCGP; Krysty Avila, PharmD | Time: 4:15 pm - 5:30 pm
Sunday, April 15
- Intestinal Microbiota & Glycemic Control presented by Cynthia Lieu, PharmD, BCNSP; Lena Haddad; Ana Barron; Marina Boulos; Laila Fard | Time: 8:30 am - 9:45 am
For more information on programming, click here.