USC Awards to Fund Your Research
Friday, September 29, 2017 at 11:45pm
CHLA, Saban Auditorium
Workshop about the internal funding opportunities available to USC researchers. Awards for faculty range from $10-300K and support research, technology development and equipment purchases. Guidelines and tips on how to be successful will be discussed.
Awards to be covered:
- Zumberge Award Individual awards help newer faculty launch their research careers, and support research in areas with limited external funding opportunities through grants of up to $30,000. Interdisciplinary awards of up to $85,000 foster collaborative efforts among faculty from different schools and disciplines that lead to sustained interdisciplinary research programs and projects.
- Collaboration Fund supports research collaboration among faculty and students working on interdisciplinary research topics, such as water, neuroscience, genomics, digital humanities, or climate change.
- Ming Hsieh seeks proposals that will initiate multi-disciplinary research teams employing computational biology, protein chemistry, physics, chemistry, pharmacology, and/or engineering, for the purpose of developing new treatments or diagnostics for patients with cancer.
- Core Instrumentation Fund supports acquisition of shared instrumentation that enables major research endeavors in the sciences, medicine and engineering.
- Technology Advancement Grants (TAGs) support early stage technologies invented at USC through validation or proof-of-concept development. The awards add value to unlicensed USC owned technology, aiming to increase the probability of obtaining a license in the future.
- The SC CTSI Pilot Funding Program supports individual investigators or small groups conducting preliminary research using human subjects, tissue, or clinical data. Funds may be used to initiate new research projects, accelerate existing projects, for the acquisition of pilot data, team building activities promoting the science of team science principles or for program development activities.
To register, please RSVP at least one week prior to the first class via email, indicating the course(s) you are attending, to email@example.com.
For information about workshops, contact the office at 213-740-6709.