Thursday, August 18 at 7:30pm
Between Doheny Library and Leavey Library, Los Angeles, CA 90089
Admission is free. USC ID required.
Kick off the 2022–23 year and celebrate the powerful role the arts play in uplifting, inspiring, and connecting our community! This dynamic festival of live performances and interactive experiences is part of the USC Welcome Experience and open to the USC community. The multimedia event will include live music, dance, and spoken word; art installations and activations; giveaways; a dance party; and more!
– Javon Johnson: Three-time National Poetry Slam champion and creator of the viral poem “cuz he's black.”
– Jack Romero: Indie rocker who has played Austin City Limits and Summerfest, as seen on season 18 of American Idol.
– Ayoni: Moody, ethereal, and international pop artist from Barbados, Singapore, Indonesia, and the U.S.
– Trojan Dance Challenge: USC Kaufman alumni Justin Epstein, Helen Gratch, and Amanda Stern will teach moves for the dance floor, house parties, TikTok, and more.
– DJs Urban Assault aka Faust and Shortee: After-show dance party with the trailblazing electronic and hip hop DJ duo .
– Emceed by Ova Saopeng of TeAda Productions and featuring a presentation by USC School of Cinematic Arts professor Tara McPherson.
- Collective painting with Claudia Concha
– Compliment Shower video installation by Jay Borgwardt
– Pixter 360 photo booth
– Comment wall
– Representatives from USC’s art schools and museums
– FREE V&V t-shirts and gear
– FREE snacks and beverages
And much more!
Presented by USC Visions and Voices.