Thursday, August 19 at 8:00pm to 11:00pm
Bovard Auditorium (ADM), Bovard Lawn and Hahn Plaza
3551 Trousdale Parkway, Los Angeles, CA 90089
Click HERE to see the SPARK! event schedule and artist info.
Admission is free and open to USC students only. Reservations requested. Doors open at 7:45 p.m. Line up on Trousdale and show your Trojan Check and Engage SC passes to check in and get a wristband.
Trojan Check verification required upon entry. This event will require masks for all attendees, vaccinated or unvaccinated. Masks should be worn at all times when individuals are not actively consuming food or beverage.
Kick off the 2021–22 year IN PERSON and celebrate the powerful role the arts play in uplifting, inspiring, and connecting our community! This dynamic festival of live performances, immersive installations, and interactive experiences is part of the USC Welcome Experience for incoming students, including freshmen, sophomores, transfers, and graduate students. The multimedia event will activate the campus through the arts and will include:
- Live music by Madame Gandhi, electrofeminist singer, percussionist, and activist who has drummed for M.I.A. and Thievery Corporation and been featured in Never Have I Ever
- Confluence, an interactive movement-based art installation by Crystal Jow (USC SCA John C. Hench Division of Animation & Digital Arts, MFA 2019)
- Large-scale, collective painting with abstract expressionist Claudia Concha to encourage play, foster exploration, and create joy
- A closing dance party featuring renowned multi-genre turntablist DJ duo Urban Assault
- Meet representatives from USC’s art schools and museums: Kaufman School of Dance, Roski School of Art and Design, School of Dramatic Arts, School of Architecture, Fisher Museum of Art, Pacific Asia Museum
- FREE Visions and Voices T-shirts and gear, including live screen printing by HIT+RUN
- FREE snacks and beverages
And much more! Check out the SPARK! schedule and online program HERE.
Presented by USC Visions and Voices: The Arts and Humanities Initiative.