Parachuting into war: How to cover invisible conflicts in places you cannot pronounce
Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 12:00pm
This is a past event.
The increase in international tensions will impact the mainstream media and what fairness, objectivity and inclusion mean for the profession moving forward. The same challenges impact complex and marginalized stories that were so prevalent in 2020, and where the media was challenged to create fair, balanced stories.
- Introduction by USC Annenberg School of Journalism Director Gordon Stables
- Moderated by Director Salpi Ghazarian of USC Dornsife Institute of Armenian Studies
- Adi Ignatius, editor in chief of Harvard Business Review, formerly TIME and Wall Street Journal
- Sandy Tolan, USC Annenberg professor of journalism
- Syuzanna Petrosyan, USC Annenberg alumna, CivilNet media liaison, and associate director of USC Dornsife Institute of Armenian Studies
- Maral Tavitian, USC Annenberg alumna and current second-year student at USC Gould