Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Job search strategy for International students - Interstride
This workshop introduces a well-established framework and processes for a successful U.S.-based job search. Learn how to efficiently target companies that sponsor H-1B visas and hire international students; build and expand your network in the American context with LinkedIn searches, informational interviews; and make meaningful connections with employers. Take away a four-step framework to optimize your job search game plan and effectively network to get your foot in the door.
* Feel empowered to build a career in the US with practical approaches to conducting a domestic job search with tools and resources provided by your career center
* Discover how to target companies that sponsor H-1B visas
* Learn to cultivate and use professional connections American-style through strategic networking and informational interviews
* Leverage your story, skills, expertise, your university network and brand to achieve your career and life goals
* Practice how to use your cultural diversity as an advantage and effectively convey your story to hiring managers
RSVP via the Events tab and select Workshops in connectSC to view webinar details.