Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 6:30pm to 8:30pm
General Assembly Santa Monica 1520 2nd Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401
An inspiring evening about changing careers in your forties or later + meet successful career changers and network!
- Do you feel called to do something more with your life...but you are not sure what?
- Do you want to change careers but are stuck on what the next steps are?
- Do you worry about being "too old," or facing ageism in the job market?
- Do you find yourself torn between sticking with what you do now (and invested years and money to build) and wishing you could just start over?
Remember being in your twenties and thinking people in their forties were "old" or had it all figured out, or must be completely settled? Now you are in your 40s, 50s, 60s or older, and you find that you still want to be creatively challenged, do work you love and make a difference.
In fact, sometimes getting older increases your desire to contribute: as you achieve the goals you had earlier in life, discover what is most meaningful to you, or come face to face with the fact that after years of toil you are still unhappy in your current role, changing careers at 40 or later can be one of the most powerful and rewarding things you do.
How can you pursue a career change - especially if you are not sure what you want to do - at midlife or later? Career changers in their forties, fifties and sixties have some of the same challenges as their younger counterparts, but also additional needs including facing societal attitudes towards aging. But older career changers can also have more resources, starting with an expanded network, more work experience and resilience.
Come ready to:
- Learn how to find a fulfilling career that WORKS FOR YOU
- LEARN FROM SUCCESSFUL CAREER CHANGERS who changed careers at 40 or later and landed successfully
- Expand your NETWORK
- Stay for an INTERACTIVE activity to unlock YOUR career transformation
We'll talk about:
- The CHALLENGES and ADVANTAGES of changing careers at 40 or later
- How to FIND what to pursue next
- What changing careers is REALLY like - no fluff!
- MONEY and changing careers
- What SUCCESS looks like - and how to choose what success is for YOU
- How to leverage previous EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE in a new career
Meet and hear from professionals and entrepreneurs who changed careers in their forties to pursue professions or businesses that they love and feel passionate about.
Psst: This is NOT going to be your typical panel discussion