Tuesday, September 15 at 12:00pm to 1:00pm
As the 2020 election nears, America's youngest generation, known as Generation Z, is energized for political change. Born after 1996––with the oldest among them turning 23 this year––roughly 24 million young voters will have the opportunity to cast a ballot in November.
With young Americans forming the backbone of protests against racial injustice and structural inequality in the United States, many people are wondering if this will be a pivotal moment for Gen Z: where activism will translate into voting. Many pundits and candidates are calling this time an inflection point in our country's story. With the 2020 Presidential Election just around the corner, see how your vote truly impacts the outcome of this crucial election, and ultimately, the future of the country.
CLICK HERE to watch the video for "Importance of the Youth Vote"
- Thanasi Dilos: Co-founder of Civics Unplugged, which provides leaders of Generation Z training, funds, and support to work on projects that strengthen their communities and American democracy.
- Merrit Jones: Former President and Current Advisor at Student Voice which equips students as storytellers, organizers and institutional partners who advocate for student-driven solutions to educational inequity.
- Ben Sheehan: Former producer at Funny Or Die and founder of OMG WTF to teach voters in Ohio, Michigan, Georgia, Wisconsin, Texas, and Florida about state executive races during the 2018 midterms.
- Tommy Nguyen (co-moderator): President of Unruh Associates
- Riya Mehta (co-moderator): Director of Social Media and Marketing, VoteSC
To ensure you are able to do your part in creating positive change for our country and democracy, please register to vote at votesc.turbovote.org. If you’re already registered, you can also sign up to receive election reminders and notifications. Raise your voice and take action!