Wednesday, September 22 at 9:30am to 1:00pm
Join us on Wednesday, September 22nd at 2:30 to 4:00pm ET for the next COVID Information Commons (CIC) research lightning talks webinar! Develop new insights and collaborations to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic and mitigate future pandemics. You will hear from the following NIH and NSF funded researchers, who will share their research focus and findings, and answer questions from the community.
RSVP via the Events tab and select Workshops in connectSC to attend and receive webinar details.
- Janet Iwasa, University of Utah: Building a visual consensus model of the SARS-CoV-2 life cycle. Funded by NSF Biological Sciences / Division of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences (MCB).
- Kristen Miller, MedStar Health National Center for Human Factors in Healthcare: CDC COVID-19 Community Research Partnership. Funded by the NIH / National Library of Medicine.
- Jane Pan, Princeton University: Contradiction Detection of COVID-19 Randomized Controlled Trials via BERT Language Models. COVID Information Commons Undergraduate Student Paper Challenge 1st Place Winner.
- Franchessa Sayler, ThruPore Technologies: Antiviral Activity of Novel Nitrogen-Doped, Carbon Supported Catalysts Against Covid-19 Surrogates. Funded by NSF Engineering / Industrial Innovation and Partnerships (IIP).
- Ponisseril Somasundaran, Columbia University: Novel Foam formulations for decontamination of surfaces with minimum wastewater generation. Funded by NSF Engineering / Division Of Industrial Innovation and Partnerships.
- George K. Thiruvathukal, Loyola University Chicago: Leveraging New Data Sources to Analyze the Risk of COVID-19 in Crowded Locations. Funded by NSF Computer and Information Science and Engineering / Office of Advanced Cyberinfrastructure (OAC).
External employer-hosted events and activities are not affiliated with USC Marshall School of Business nor the USC Career Center. They are posted on Handshake because they may be of interest to members of the USC community. Inclusion of any activity does not indicate USC sponsorship or endorsement of that activity or event. It is the participant’s responsibility to apply due diligence, exercise caution when participating, and report concerns to email@example.com.