About this Event
Group Financial Security U. S. (GFS U.S.) is a Group Compliance function responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of BNP Paribas’ effort to comply with U.S. and other international sanctions and embargoes.
The objectives of this unit include:
- Having the responsibility for the BNP Paribas Group framework in relation to Compliance with US Sanctions;
- Ensuring a legal watch in relation to US Sanctions in liaison with Legal Affairs
- Issuing norms, policies and procedures in relation to Sanctions and applicable across the BNP Paribas Group • Providing advice on situations linked to US Sanctions across the Group
- Acting as the ultimate level of management of the US Sanctions related transactions, alerts, and reporting
- Acting as the sponsor of tools used to filter flows against embargo / sanctions lists
- Risk assessing the Group’s branches & affiliates regarding non-compliance issues through a permanent risk oversight framework
- Performing on-site controls within BNP Paribas Group to verify that BNP Paribas entities comply with norms and policies issued by GFS-NY.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Our internship programs are a springboard for college students to launch their careers through exciting and intellectually stimulating opportunities. They are highly driven, intellectually stimulating, and crafted to build your real-world capabilities. To succeed amongst our teams, we look for those with a strong academic story, sharp analytical skills, and the ability to articulate ideas well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2022 – Spring 2023
- All majors accepted
As a GFS intern, you can expect to:
- Perform analysis of existing and prospective counterparties and their beneficial owners for U.S. sanctions related risks, document and report findings, and communicate to management
- Review of relevant KYC information, including beneficial owners, products/services offered, industry, jurisdiction, and negative news regarding business relationships under review
- Assist with strategic and tactical projects focused on sanctions risk mitigation, transaction monitoring, risk assessments, audits, circumvention reporting, and voluntary self-disclosures
- Partner closely with business and Compliance counterparts to understand sanctions related issues, to process accordingly and provide opinions towards resolution
- Conduct focused or transversal reviews of specified entities across the globe to assess risk monitoring business practices, siting deficiencies and providing recommendations for action plans
- Review regulatory guidelines to draft and approve sanctions related policies for broad acceptance across all compliance teams
- Work with Project and Business Intelligence team as well as Paris and local IT teams to identify, design, and implement technological solutions for streamlining processes, identifying operational risks, and reporting findings to management
RSVP via the Events tab and selecting Workshops in connectSC to attend and receive webinar details.
External employer-hosted events and activities are not affiliated with the University of Southern California. They are posted on Handshake because they may be of interest to members of the USC community. Inclusion of any activity does not indicate USC sponsorship or endorsement of that activity or event. It is the participant’s responsibility to apply due diligence, exercise caution when participating, and report concerns to email@example.com.